What a fun time of the year… buying gifts for our loved ones, decorating our homes with bright festive colors, the smell of baking and taste of holiday cheer, socializing with friends and family. Fun! Fun! Fun!
But then you remember the looming project of getting ready for taxes right after all this fun is over. Yuck! Yuck! Yuck!
But, wait! Before you start getting down, keep reading to learn about an alternative that makes every December from here on in, all about the fun with no worries about getting ready for tax.
Hire a professional service
Using professional services throughout the year, not just at year end, makes getting ready for small business tax easy for you. It is an investment that is well worth the benefits beyond celebrating this time of year with cheer:
- When you think about tax time you feel good, rather than stressed.
- Preparing for taxes becomes an easy part of every-day life, rather than a project that just gets bigger and bigger as the days go by.
- No more annoying questions from your Accountant about things that happened over a year ago.
- No more surprises about how much you owe in tax. (In fact, you may find yourself anticipating a refund)
- You get to spend your hard earned money on more fun things, than paying late filing interest and penalties to the government.
What to consider to find your fit:
When you interview professional services to find the one that fits for you, consider the following:
- Are they warm, friendly and easy to communicate with?
- Are your records safe with them? The chances are better when their work area is neat, tidy and in an office, rather than at the kitchen table.
- Are they qualified? Trained and supported by a qualified accountant, is preferred to being self-taught.
- Will they be there for you in the long-run? The chances of this are better when the service is being provided by a team, rather than an individual.
- Will they have your back? For example, they will contact you if they haven’t heard from you for a while.
Hope these tips help add even more fun to your December!